Contact - For families with disabled children
Address: Contact - For families with disabled children, 209-211 City Road, London, EC1V 1JN (Head Office Address)
Brief description of what services your organisation offers:
Contact provides information, advice and support to families caring for children and young people with disabilities or additional needs. We have up to date information on local services and sources of support for families with disabled children.
Where the service is provided - please state if City wide or locality based City wide:
Across the South East area
What the organisation provides - types of interventions and support Our South East team offers:
• Free information workshops for groups of parent carers including coping and support, behaviour that challenges us, helping your child to sleep, transition from adult to child services and information about benefits.
• Local information on local services, sources of further and specialist advice and support
• Information guides on everyday living such as financial help and benefits, accessing help and support, play and leisure activities for families and education, health and social care services.
• Ways to meet other local parents through support groups, meetings, workshops and events.
• Free information sessions for professionals working with families with disabled children
• Resources for professionals, to help them point families to local services
• Advice, information and how to access local support is provided by our helpline
Contact has recently produced a brand new guide for parents and you can get a free copy here:
No eligibility criteria
How can this service be accessed?
Tel: 0808 808 3555
How and who to make a complaint to:
Tel: 0808 808 3555 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org