Specialist School Nursing Service
Address: Specialist School Nursing Service, Mary Rose Academy, Gisors Road, Southsea PO4 8GT
Specialist School Nursing at Mary Rose Academy, Portsmouth – Monday to Friday term time only provided by Solent NHS Trust, Childrens Community Nursing Service
Where the service is provided - please state if City wide or locality based
Mary Rose Academy, Portsmouth
What the organisation provides - types of interventions and support
• Provision of assessment and treatment of children / young people with identified health care needs attending the school
• Liaison with families and other professionals including specialists to ensure children and young people have appropriate prescriptions, emergency protocols and feeding regimes clearly documented for use by staff within school.
• Care planning – to include liaison with members of the multidisciplinary health team
• Training of school staff regarding the safe administration of essential and rescue medications to children and young people at school where this is appropriate and advising on safe storage.
• Training of school staff as appropriate on the safe storage of enteral feeds and administration of enteral feeds to children and young people at school.
• Support to medical clinics within the school
• Attendance at termly enteral feeding review meetings.
• Attending clinical emergencies if able to and facilitating or providing training for school staff to deliver rescue medication and prescribed support for emergency care for children with complex or long term conditions and illness. (Note: the provision of routine first aid and the assessment and care of minor ailments of either pupils or staff is outside the remit of the role. The school is responsible for informing parents with regard to the arrangements and limits for the child/young person to remain in school if deemed too unwell by school to remain. Routine examination of the child/young person should be with the consent of the parent and not at the request of school staff unless it is an urgent situation.)
• Child Health Promotion in conjunction with Paediatric Medical Service within the school setting, working in partnership with school staff.
How can this service be accessed?
Through Mary Rose Academy
How and who to make a complaint to:
(PALS) and Complaints Services
0800 013 2319
Tel: 023 9285 2330
Tel: 023 9285 2330 Email: email@example.com
Service Category: Health